Contra Costa County Family Lawyer – Solving Challenging and Personal Legal Issues
- Mujdah Rahim is an honest and aggressive family law attorney who is committed to helping clients reach peaceful resolutions to their issues.
- The award-winning lawyers at our law firm develop a unique strategy for each and every one of our clients.
- Our top attorneys pride themselves on helping clients navigate through the complex legal system.
- The Law Office of Mujdah Rahim is one of the best law firms in the state–take a look at our reviews to find out why.
- If you are dealing with a family-related legal issue, contact our law office now to speak to a lawyer about your legal options.
A family law attorney represents clients who are currently trying to resolve family-related legal matters. Many clients decide to turn to family law attorneys when they decide to end their marriage. If you are in this situation, a family law attorney can represent you through every step of the divorce proceedings. An attorney will fight to ensure your best interests are protected at all times. A skilled lawyer can also help divorcing clients reach fair divorce settlements.
Divorce is not the only legal issue that family law attorneys handle. The family law attorneys at the Law Office of Mujdah Rahim also deal with matters involving child custody, child support, spousal support, domestic violence restraining orders, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, and paternity. There is no case that is too complex for our experienced family law attorneys to tackle. Call or email our law office now to find out more about our legal services.
Divorce Lawyer Standing by Your Side from Start to Finish
Contra Costa County Divorce Attorney – Guiding Clients Through the Legal Process
- If you are filing for divorce, it’s important to seek legal representation from an honest and aggressive family law attorney.
- Mujdah Rahim, the founder of our award-winning law firm, has dedicated her legal career to helping clients move forward after divorce.
- Our hard-working attorneys will stand by your side through every step of the divorce process, working tirelessly to reach the best possible outcome.
- We set ourselves apart from other top law firms by working one-on-one with our clients.
- Read the reviews on our website to learn more about what to expect from our team of lawyers.
- If you’re ready to discuss your case, schedule a consultation with a lawyer in our office now.
Both parties in a marriage have the right to initiate a divorce by filing the appropriate paperwork. If you are considering filing for divorce–or if you have been served paperwork–it is important to seek legal representation from an experienced family law attorney at once.
An attorney can walk you through the entire divorce process, protecting your best interests every step of the way. Your attorney will also fight to reach favorable outcomes in disputes over child support, child custody, visitation, the division of property, and spousal support. The outcomes of these disputes can greatly affect your future, which is why it crucial to have an attorney by your side.
Please contact the Law Office of Mujdah Rahim to speak to our team of family law attorneys about your divorce. We currently represent clients in Contra Costa County, Solano County, Alameda County and throughout the San Francisco Bay area. Schedule a consultation to hear honest legal advice regarding your legal options and what to expect during the divorce proceedings.
Lawyer Helping Clients Resolve Complex Parentage Issues
Contra Costa County Paternity Attorney – Working Tirelessly to Help Unmarried Parents
- The award-winning lawyers at our law firm understand that emotions tend to run high in parentage cases.
- Mujdah Rahim is an experienced attorney who is passionate about helping parents in Contra Costa county.
- Our clients can always count on hearing honest legal advice from our aggressive attorneys.
- Based on our reviews, it is clear that clients think we are one of the best law firms in the state.
- Discuss your case with a top lawyer on our team during an initial consultation.
The law automatically recognizes a child’s parents if the parents are married at the time of the child’s birth. But, if the parents are unmarried, they must take action to be officially recognized as the parents of the child. This can be done by signing a Voluntary Declaration of Paternity, however, both parents must sign this document to make it official. If one parent will not sign the document, the matter must be settled in court. If necessary, the judge presiding over the case can order a paternity test to establish parentage.
Navigating the court system can be confusing for parents who are not familiar with the legal process of establishing parentage. To make this process easier, it’s best to contact the family law attorneys at the Law Office of Mujdah Rahim. Let our team of experienced family law attorneys guide you through the process of establishing parentage of your child.
Divorce Service For Parents Working Towards Child Custody Agreements
Contra Costa County Child Custody and Visitation Lawyer – Helping Clients Become Better Co-Parents
- Mujdah Rahim is an award-winning attorney who is aggressive in her pursuit for resolutions that are in the best interests of her clients.
- The lawyers at other top law firms in Contra Costa County cannot compare to the skilled and honest attorneys at the Law Office of Mujdah Rahim.
- Read the reviews of our law firm to get a better idea of what it’s like to work with our team.
- When you’re ready, call our office to schedule a consultation with a knowledgeable child custody lawyer.
There are two main types of child custody in the state of California: legal and physical custody. Parents who are awarded legal custody of a child have the right to make important decisions regarding the child’s upbringing, such as where the child attends school and the healthcare the child receives. A parent with physical custody, on the other hand, lives with the child and is responsible for caring for him on a regular basis.
Both physical and legal custody can be awarded to both parents, which means the parents have joint custody, or to one parent, which means the parent has sole custody. It is also possible that the court could award joint legal custody to both parents and sole physical custody to one parent.
The court will decide how to award custody by determining what is in the best interests of the child. Your child’s best interests is our top priority, too. Find out how we can help by contacting our law office today.
Law Firm Reaching Favorable Child Support Agreements for Clients
Contra Costa County Child Support Lawyer – With Your Child’s Best Interests in Mind
- The award-winning family law attorneys at the Law Office of Mujdah Rahim have dedicated their careers to helping parents resolve child support issues.
- The honest and aggressive lawyers on our team will work tirelessly to protect your child’s best interests.
- Every lawyer at our law firm is committed to achieving the best possible outcome for our clients.
- Don’t take our word for it–read the reviews on our website to find out why clients choose us over other top law firms in the county.
- Discuss your legal options with a skilled family law attorney on our team during an initial consultation.
Child support is a court-ordered payment made to the custodial parent by the non-custodial parent. These payments are supposed to help the custodial parent cover the costs of raising a child, including food, education, and clothing. The amount that the non-custodial parent pays will vary on a case-by-case basis. The judge presiding over the case considers a number of factors when calculating child support, including each parent’s income and the child custody agreement.
It is possible to modify child support in the future, however, there are no guarantees that modification requests will be granted. For this reason, it is best to fight for a fair child support order from the very start.
The family law attorneys at the Law Office of Mujdah Rahim have experience representing both mothers and fathers involved in child support disputes. Regardless of which side we represent, we will always do what is in the best interests of the child involved.
Legal Services Provided to Domestic Violence Victims in California
Contra Costa County Domestic Violence Attorney – With A Passion for Helping Victims
- The Law Office of Mujdah Rahim has become known as one of the best law firms in the county because of our honest and aggressive attorneys.
- Mujdah Rahim is an award-winning attorney who has spent her entire career working with domestic violence victims.
- She founded this law firm so she would have the opportunity to provide legal resources to victims in Contra Costa county.
- Read the top reviews on our website to learn more about working with our team of experienced lawyers.
- Then, schedule a consultation so you can meet with a family lawyer about your case.
Domestic violence victims often need more than a divorce to protect themselves from further harm. Most of these victims will need domestic violence restraining orders (DVRO) to keep their abusers away for good.
A DVRO is a civil restraining order that orders the person accused of domestic violence to stay away and avoid contact with the victim. It can also order the domestic violence offender to leave the family home or avoid contact with the children as well. Once a DVRO has been issued, both parties must comply with its terms. If the abuser fails to comply with the terms, he could face serious legal consequences.
Figuring out how to file for a DVRO can be confusing–especially for domestic violence victims who are experiencing a wide range of emotions. Don’t go through this process alone–let the compassionate family law attorneys at the Law Office of Mujdah Rahim stand by your side through every step of the process.
Civil Law Attorney Helping Couples Prepare for the Future
Contra Costa County Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreement Lawyer – Providing Financial Protection to Clients
- If you are interested in a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement, turn to the award-winning family law attorneys at the Law Office for Mujdah Rahim.
- Mujdah Rahim is an honest and aggressive lawyer with years of experience preparing enforceable prenups and postnups.
- Our dedicated lawyers have helped us become one of the best law firms in the state.
- You can see why we are at the top by reading the reviews of our law firm on our website.
- Take the first step towards protecting your financial future by scheduling a consultation with an attorney today.
No engaged or married couple ever wants to think about their relationship ending in divorce. But, it is important to consider the possibility of divorce so you can protect yourself with a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement.
Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements are contracts that describe how assets and debts will be divided if the marriage ends in divorce. It can also cover other important issues, such as whether or not spousal support will be paid. These agreements are designed to ensure both parties are financially secure in the event of a divorce. Having an agreement in place can also make the process of getting divorced much easier. This is because the couple will not need to argue over the division of property or spousal support since they have already made these important decisions.
If you are interested in a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement, contact the Law Office of Mujdah Rahim at once. Mujdah Rahim will draft an enforceable–and more importantly, fair–agreement to protect your financial future.
General Practice Attorney Working with the Court to Change and Enforce Court Orders
Contra Costa County Modification and Enforcement Lawyer – Working Tirelessly to Achieve Results
- If you need to modify or enforce an existing court order, let the award-winning family law attorneys at our law firm help.
- Mujdah Rahim is a family lawyer with years of experience representing clients in Contra Costa county.
- We have become one of the best law firms by offering every client honest advice and aggressive representation.
- Learn more about working with the lawyers on our team by reading the reviews written by our former clients.
- Schedule a consultation with a top attorney on our team to discuss your legal options.
A child support, child custody, visitation, and spousal support case typically ends with the court issuing an order that outlines each party’s responsibility. For example, a child support order will describe which parent is expected to pay child support and how much should be paid. However, the issuance of one of these court orders does not always mean the case is closed forever. In the future, the case may need to be reopened so the court order can be modified or enforced.
A modification is granted when a significant change in circumstances has taken place. For instance, a parent losing his job is a significant change that could affect his ability to pay child support. In this case, he would need to ask the court to adjust the child support arrangement to account for his change in income.
Court orders will need to be enforced when one party is not complying with the terms. The party that fails to comply with the terms of an order can face serious consequences, including jail time and fines. Let our team guide you through the process of modifying or enforcing a court order.
Trial Attorney With Extensive Experience in Alimony Cases
Contra Costa County Spousal Support Lawyer – Protecting Your Financial Future
- You will need an honest and aggressive family law attorney to represent you during a spousal support dispute.
- Mujdah Rahim and her team of award-winning lawyers will fight tirelessly to reach the best possible outcome in your case.
- At our law firm, we believe in developing a unique strategy for each and every client, which is one way we set ourselves apart from other top law firms in the state.
- Read the reviews on our website and Avvo to learn more about working with our experienced attorneys.
- Contact our office to schedule a consultation with a lawyer on our team as soon as possible.
Spousal support, which is also known as alimony, is compensation paid from one spouse to the other during and/or after a divorce. If it is paid during a divorce, it is known as temporary support, however if it is paid after the divorce has been finalized, it is permanent support.
The court will not award spousal support in every divorce. The judge will consider a number of factors when deciding if spousal support is warranted, and if so, how much should be awarded. Some of these factors include the length of the marriage, the income of each spouse, the roles each spouse played in the relationship, the ability of each spouse to earn income in the future, and the child custody arrangement.
Both parties in a spousal support dispute could benefit from the legal representation of a skilled family law attorney. Contact the Law Office of Mujdah Rahim by phone or email to learn more about our legal services.
Mediation Service To Simplify the Division of Assets Process
Contra Costa County Division of Assets Lawyer – Fighting for the Equal Distribution of Marital Property
- The award-winning lawyers at our law firm represent clients through every step of the divorce process, including the division of assets phase.
- Mujdah Rahim is a compassionate attorney who offers clients both legal and emotional support.
- Our honest and aggressive attorneys work tirelessly to ensure your assets are divided equally and fairly.
- Our goal is to reach the best possible outcome for each and every client.
- See how we set ourselves apart from other top law firms in California by reading the reviews on our website.
- Meet with a lawyer on our team to discuss your legal options and rights during an initial consultation.
The law regarding the division of assets varies from state to state. In California, the law states that community property, which is any asset acquired during the marriage, should be divided equally between the spouses during a divorce. However, this is not as simple as it sounds. Couples often disagree over what should be classified as community property. They can also argue over certain assets such as the marital home, cars, and other prized possessions. In some cases, one spouse may even try to hide certain assets from the court to ensure they are not awarded to the other spouse. For these reasons, the division of assets often turns into a heated dispute between two spouses.
Don’t attempt to resolve issues related to the division of assets without the help of an experienced divorce attorney. Let the team at the Law Office of Mujdah Rahim fight to protect your best interests.