Attorneys Going Above And Beyond To Ensure the Safety of Victims
- Mujdah Rahim is an award-winning family law attorney who takes great pride in helping victims of domestic violence.
- As a top law firm in the area, Mujdah helps domestic violence victims escape their abusive situations and start new lives.
- Mujdah previously worked at the Family Violence Law Center, so she has extensive experience as a lawyer for victims.
- Our team of family law attorneys is aggressive when seeking the best possible outcome for our clients.
- Find out why clients think we are one of the best law firms in Walnut Creek by reading the reviews on our website.
- Schedule a consultation to hear honest legal advice from our experienced family lawyers.
When domestic violence is a factor in a relationship, the battered spouse or partner needs more than just a divorce or a break-up. The battered spouse or partner needs safety planning and protection prior to leaving the situation. Fortunately, help and support are available. Call the Law Office of Mujdah Rahim to find out how our team of domestic violence attorneys can protect your rights.
What Does A Domestic Violence Lawyer In California Do?
When somebody you love hurts you and/or your child, the shock, anger, and sadness can be paralyzing. The Law Office of Mujdah Rahim has the legal resources to empower you to take action to escape abuse and to protect your family from harm.
How Can Law Firms Secure Restraining Orders For Victims?
Domestic violence restraining orders (DVROs) are intended to help safeguard families who are victims of domestic abuse. This protective order is only available in certain circumstances, however. In order to get a domestic violence restraining order, the parties must have either lived together, been in a dating relationship, been married or are registered, domestic partners.
In comparison, the civil harassment order is intended to protect other victims of violence or threats of violence such as a neighbor, co-worker or some other acquaintance. In order to give you more insight on your possible legal options, here are the different alternatives you can pursue.
- Emergency Protective Order – A type of restraining order that can be put into immediate effect after substantial claims of domestic abuse.
- Restraining Order – This is a temporary court order that requires the offender to stay away from the victim until the court can hear more evidence of domestic abuse.
- Final Temporary Restraining Order – After the court has heard suitable evidence, the court will issue a final temporary restraining order, which is a permanent edict that requires the victim to stay away from the victim.
- Civil Harassment Order – Unlike a domestic dispute, a civil harassment order is issued against individuals not identified under the label of domestic (cousins, uncles, strangers, etc.). Accordingly, a civil harassment order prevents individuals accused of stalking or abuse to come near you.
If you are confused about which route you should take, call the Law Office of Mujdah Rahim to speak to one of our legal professionals for expert advice regarding your best choice.
What Are The Effects Of Restraining Orders On The Offender?
The domestic violence offender will face a number of consequences if a restraining order is issued against him or her. He or she will not be able to go to certain places or to do certain things. He or she might also have to move out of his or her home, and it may affect his or her ability to see his or her children. He or she will generally not be able to own a gun, and the restraining order may affect his or her immigration status as well.
Call The Skilled Lawyers At Our Walnut Creek Domestic Violence Law Firm to Schedule A Consultation Today
If you are a domestic violence victim, there’s no time to waste. Contact the Law Office of Mujdah Rahim at once so you can escape the abuse and protect yourself and your family. Having practiced in this area of law for years, we have extensive experience representing clients in situations similar to yours.
An attorney at law will review the general details of your situation and answer your questions during an initial consultation. To schedule a consultation with a domestic violence attorney, please call 925-482-6431 or email email@example.com today. You can also submit information about your case to our team using the form on our website.