Walnut Creek Spousal Support Lawyer – Aggressively Advocating For Clients in California
- Mujdah Rahim is an award-winning family law attorney who has been recognized for legal excellence.
- Mujdah is known for providing honest legal advice and being aggressive when protecting the best interests of her clients.
- The lawyers at our top law firm have experience representing both sides of a spousal support dispute.
- Our family law attorneys work closely with our clients, which sets us apart from other law firms in the community.
- Take a look at the reviews on our website, then call us now to learn how a skilled lawyer on our team can help.
The court has the authority to award spousal support to one party during a divorce. Typically, the party that earns more will be ordered by the court to support the other party until that person has the ability to support himself or herself. The outcome of a spousal support dispute can greatly affect your future. For this reason, it’s in your best interests to contact spousal support attorney Mujdah Rahim for help as soon as possible.
What Does A Spousal Support Attorney In Contra Costa County, California Do?
Negotiating spousal support without a lawyer is not recommended. Both parties should be represented by an attorney who will fight to protect their client’s best interests. An attorney can ensure the spousal support arrangement is fair to both parties, meaning it is affordable and will provide the receiving party with enough to support himself or herself.
How Do Attorneys Help Clients With Temporary And Permanent Spousal Support Disputes?
The court could award both temporary and permanent spousal support. Temporary spousal support is paid while the divorce is ongoing, whereas permanent spousal support is paid after the divorce has been finalized. Mujdah Rahim can represent clients involved in both temporary and permanent spousal support cases. She will work tirelessly to protect your rights and achieve the best possible result in your case.
How Is Spousal Support Calculated In California?
The court must consider a number of factors when determining if spousal support is necessary and if so, how much should be awarded. Some of these factors include:
- The length of the marriage
- Each spouse’s income and earning potential
- Each spouse’s lifestyle and expenses
- The age, mental health, and physical health of each spouse
- Each spouse’s educational background and skill sets
After reviewing these factors–and many others–the judge will decide whether or not spousal support is necessary. The judge will not use a formula to calculate spousal support. Instead, he or she will consider these same factors to determine the appropriate amount to award.
Schedule A Consultation With The Spousal Support Lawyers At Our Law Firm Today
If you are filing for divorce, seek legal representation from an experienced spousal support attorney at once. Mujdah Rahim can assist clients with everything from preparing legal documents to fighting for a fair spousal support agreement in court. She has experience in many practice areas, including child support, child custody, visitation, division of property, divorce, and domestic violence issues.
Let our team review your case and answer your questions during an initial consultation. To schedule a consultation, please call our office at 925-482-6431 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today. You can also submit your information via the form on our website.